image1 image2 image3

EXPERIENCE THE MOMENT FIRST HAND |BLAZE ALONG YOUR DREAMS|WITH THE HOTTEST IN ENTERTAINMENT|FARRINHEIT 411

411 Throwback: Young Star Celina Lina Discusses Style, Musical Inspirations & Performing

Interview by Brittany Magee

Celina Lina, R&B/Pop artist on the way to making her big break as music’s next big star. She is a composer all of her original music, with an extremely wide vocal range. Her ability to record and arrange her own harmonies and backgrounds is an incredible gifted. Some may say Celina is a producer’s and engineer’s dream artist! This young lady is a 'true' multi genre artist. Celina was born and raised in Florida. She attended a local primary catholic school, LaVilla School of The Arts (middle school), and Douglas Anderson School Of The Arts (high school). As she’s toured the country, she was able to graduate one year early, where she is now taking classes to pursue a business degree.


Celina has been on her grind performing as an upcoming artist since May, 2011 and has made great strides in a short time. She has achieved many successes so far in her young career including six original (self-written) songs on radio 93.3 The Beat Jamz (iHeart Radio) and opening for various performers such as Tink, Pusha T, Diggy Simmons, Plies, Future and Machine Gun Kelly.

I had the pleasure of meeting the young and talented. Celina Lina is a humble, energetic and exuded hunger for greatness. Her upbeat personality made the interview enjoyable where she shared a little bit about herself and her vision for making it in the industry as an artist. 

Who is Celina LINA?
I am a R&B/Pop/Rap artist with edge. I do everything it just depends on where I'm at. I'm very different and don't sound like anybody out right now on the radio.

Do you write your own music? If so does that get stressful at times?
Yes sometimes since I'm a solo artist and writing music sometimes makes it hard for me to be an artist. I get writers block sometimes but yea I just have to balance out being an artist as well as being a business woman.

"In My Zone", what type of song is it? It sounds like a club banger, for the ladies.
That's a good question. Zone actually is a women empowerment song. If you listen to the words but I also made it a club banger because by the beat for those who don't listen to the words.

Where does your style come from?
I had to find myself. I started at 14 years old being a recording artist. I went from a short bob, skinny jeans and tank tops, to a more grown and sexy look. Overall my look really just depends on who I feel because sometime I can do the tomboy style but also I can be sexy as well. My look came from me wanting to be exotic and different.

Growing up, who were some of the people that you admired?
Mary J. Blige. She went through a lot and still made it out on top. An Upcoming artist I like is Tinashe. I like her a lot. She's really dope. But back to people who i admired growing up Aaliyah got to give her props, & Tyra Banks, who's awesome by the way.

How did you come up with your stage name Celina Lina?
My name is Celina. When I was younger like 11 years old, somebody told me I should name myself C.J Hanon. My middle name is Jonae and my other name is Hanon. I wanted to keep my real name involved as well.

Do you have any New Year’s resolutions?
Yea go hard (chuckles). But my New Year’s resolution is to work harder than I did last year. I just want to go extremely hard this year and maybe get a deal but for the most part build my fan base up.

Tell us something that the world may not know about you?
I have an embarrassing moment. It may not seem embarrassing but it was to me. I was about 15 and I was performing and my earring fell off and my crush was in the building. I was sooooo embarrassed I went home and told my mom all about it

What are 4 things you do before you heat the stage?
1) Turn up while listening to music
2) Got to eat, cause I love food!
3) Get my rest
4) Have a cup of tea and honey

For more information and music from Celina Lina, visit her website here.

(Photo: CelinaLina.com)

Share this:

CONVERSATION