image1 image2 image3

EXPERIENCE THE MOMENT FIRST HAND |BLAZE ALONG YOUR DREAMS|WITH THE HOTTEST IN ENTERTAINMENT|FARRINHEIT 411

FARRINHEIT 411 Takes LA for the BET Experience

Happy #FARRINHEITFriday! It's been a month since I jet-setted away to Los Angeles, California for the first time! If you've been following my journey, you probably remember the recap of my first trip to New York for this year's Super Bowl. It's important for me to share special experiences with you all, because it shows that I'm no different than anyone reading this and I hope that following my journey will inspire you to jumpstart your own if you already haven't!

I want to thank each and everyone of you that reads FARRINHEIT 411 everyday, every week, or whenever you think about it. I started FARRINHEIT 411 with just a few readers and ONE YEAR later I have thousands of viewers from all over the world! The thought of the come up is mind blowing. There was no other way I saw myself celebrating one year of hard work, dedication, graduating from college, and starting my own business other than going to a place I always dreamed of going.

I told myself a little over a year ago that I refused to go to LA until I had a purpose. I always wanted to go to LA since I was a little girl and taking any ol' trip there was not good enough for me. I knew that my first time had to be about making my dreams come true, and that's what it was!

My trip to LA was really cool. I will admit that Atlanta and LA are two different places, especially when it comes to the entertainment industry! In just one week I learned a lot about myself, working with others, where I am, and where I want to be. It was a great feeling being able to go all the way across the country and see people that I've met over time not only remember me, but recognize me for my grind.

I spent months planning for the trip along with Mikah (who also went); filling out press applications,scheduling, researching, contacting, buying equipment etc.. I picked one of the best times to be in town, for none other than the BET Awards week. I remember watching the BET Awards last year and said to myself "I'll be there next year." The following day I believe, is when I picked up my laptop and started FARRINHEIT 411.  This year's BET Awards fell on my actual "Blogaversay," so the day was extra special.

It's so crazy how life can change in one year! I started FARRINHEIT 411 initially with no help, resources or contacts. All I had was a vision and fire burning inside of me to prove to myself that I didn't need to be working for a huge outlet to  make it in the industry. From last June until now I literally busted my ass! I've gotten it wrong a lot, I'm still finding my way, but I've grown.

Along the way there have been individuals who have believed in me and really helped me make it to where I am and for that I am so grateful. For some, taking a trip to Los Angeles is nothing, but for me the trip meant so much more than that. It was achieving something that I did on my own, under my own name and my own brand. Starting a media outlet and entertainment company is the furthest thing from easy, but the feeling I had seeing the Hollywood sign for the first time is unexplainable (I almost wrecked the car too).

I was the little girl who dressed up in different costumes walking around the house performing for my parents dreaming of the day I would be a Hollywood star. My dreams have evolved since those days, but the freedom of dreaming never died. I see it as the little girl that grew up but never grew out of her dreams.

LA was more work related than vacation, but everyday was super eventful. I got the chance to explore Hollywood, Beverly Hills, and Venice Beach. One of the dopest experiences in LA was hanging out at the REVOLT studios being apart of their audience for two days (yes I was on TV). Hollywood Blvd. reminded me a lot of Times Square in New York for two reasons; it's a huge tourist area and everybody out there has a hustle! Everyone from Michael Jackson impersonators to Dark Vader made you feel right at Hollywood! Being on Hollywood Blvd. on the 5th year anniversary of Michael Jackson's death and seeing all the people surrounding his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame was surreal.

The BET Experience at LA Live was lots of fun! The Experience took place Friday-Sunday in the heart of downtown at the LA Convention, The Staples Center and Outside of the Nokia Theater.  The Experience was filled with events all day from some of your favorite celebs from panel discussions to concerts. I did not attend as many events with the Experience this year as I wanted to, only because there were a million other events going on around town.

One of my favorite moments in LA surrounding the BET Awards was attending the final dress rehearsal Sunday before the show. I did not go to the show this year, but know that FARRINHEIT 411 was still in the building! To me the rehearsal was more beneficial than the show. I love production and seeing all the behind the scenes work, so I was in heaven. There was less pressure at rehearsals for the artist, being that there wasn't millions of people watching them at once. They all had their performances clean and polished for the show, the dress rehearsal was a final run-through in costume, with the band, back up singers and dancers. That day was crazy and super long, but it was nothing short of a special day. I felt so at peace the entire day.

I could continue on for days about my experience in LA but I'll save it for my book! Haha. To highlight a few other great moments in LA, consisted of attending the " AToast to Young Hollywood" event which was a really great! I had to support my homie The Heart Healer, Rob Hill Sr. at his show "I Want You to Be Good." FARRINHEIT 411 had the privilege to get the behind the scenes 411 on upcoming artist Rotimi's video "Sorry Ain't Enough." I have to give a huge shout out to Mikah for the great photography over the week!  The week was filled with lights, cameras, lots of action, and celebrities. In between doing media work, we hit the streets of LA hard. I think we covered just about the entire city. We did all of this and went to NO clubs! Next time. We still have enough memories to last us for years!

To end an amazing trip, I began receiving Tweets and Facebook notifications from my peers that I had been added to HBCU Buzz' Top 30 Under 30 List. Taking one last ride in LA on my way to the airport and seeing myself listed upon some of my peers doing phenomenal things is an honor. This highlight was so amazing for one reason that it introduced people to my business, FARRINHEIT Entertainment & Media. Doing what you love is all about being rewarded for all the work you put in and knowing that not a day goes by unnoticed.

People assume that what they don't see, does not exist or what they don't see you doing isn't actually happening. The truth is, it's not always appropriate to allow the outside world into every aspect of your life. If you really saw my life day to day, you wouldn't believe all of this to be true. Allow God to work in your life! Be obedient, work hard, NEVER give up, stay positive, recognize hard times & grey areas for what they are and speak things into existence.

I've only began climbing the latter of success. In no way shape or form have I reached where I envision myself, but those close to me have reminded me to take pride in what I've done so far and that's exactly what I am going to do! BET Awards, LA was a dream that became a reality. When I look at my vision board every morning I can only thank God for granting me blessings and keeping me humble, then I say "You did that! Now what's next?!"

You'll have to wait to find out and see! For now check out pics below from LA (click on photos to enlarge).

#BLAZEALONG Your Dreams My Friends, You Deserve It!



Farrin Hymon




 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 










 
 

 







 

 





 

 


 
 
 
 
 
 
(Photos Taken By: Mikah Fuller & Farrin Hymon, FARRINHEIT 411)

Share this:

CONVERSATION